We pulled back into the hotel before 9:30pm. We were--get this--on schedule all day today. I'm as shocked as you are. We had plenty of time to get to our first concert of the day. The relatively tight connection between that, lunch, and Arlington National Cemetery worked out very nicely, we left Arlington right on time, had plenty of time for dinner.
And the short (very short) drive from dinner back to the hotel was sweeeeeet.
That's not to say nothing interesting happened all day. Quite the opposite, actually. I'll look forward to sharing all the details with you on my epic post, which I will have up by tomorrow morning.
For now, I'll leave you with the quotable quotes for the day. Remember, these are just things I hear around the breakfast table or the bus or while following closely in the mall.
1. "Who is Robert Frost?"
"You mean that poetry guy?"
"No. That's the snow guy."
(Me: "You mean Jack Frost?")
2. Licking the TV is never acceptable, Amanda.
3. I am not a tea snob. If it's not from the specific plant it's not tea. It's soaking herbs.
4. That's the thing about going to Georgia Tech. It's not real critical how clean your clothes are. You can throw that Star Wars shirt on just one more time.
5. Curt asked me if it's annoying [that people ask me how I'm feeling]. It isn't. I like the attention.
6. [a roadsign in DC] Aggressive driving enforced. We aren't sure what this means.
7. Don't think less of my degelation skills. (I was attempting to say, "Don't think less of my delegation skills.")
Until next time, goodnight.